To aid in improving employment outcomes, HireUp has launched HireUp Learning, a not-for-profit organization that provides demand-driven employment training to vulnerable populations. HireUp Learning’s mandate is to provide training that aids vulnerable populations in securing employment and moving out of poverty.
HireUp Learning Focus Areas
HireUp Learning will provide necessary upskilling that matches the needs of employers and provides digital recognition of earned skills. HireUp Learning will initially focus on supporting careers in:
- Financial Services
- Customer Service
HireUp Learning Process
HireUp Learning has created the following process for helping individuals get ready for employment:
1. Working in partnership with leading employers, HireUp Learning develops meaningful curriculum to prepares individuals facing barriers to employment in specific industries
2. HireUp pilots the education program with at least six youth-serving organizations for a period of one year to assess the effectiveness of the program prior to scaling nationally
3. Upon completion, each participant obtains an online certification in the form of a digital badge that includes the concepts they learned, the criteria for obtaining the badge and samples of their work. This can be shared through their HireUp profile when they apply for jobs
4. Youth obtaining the certification will be invited to apply for entry-level roles at companies within the industry that they have received training for, helping them obtain employment while delivering on HR needs of employers. In the case of the entrepreneurship stream, users are supported with mentors and potentially financing to begin their business
5. At the end of the pilot program, sponsoring companies receive an impact assessment covering important impact metrics including the number of youth certified and the number of youth gainfully employed at their company within the year, as well as an analysis of the success of the program .
Mridula Joyner, CFRE – Sr. Advisor – Development